Auto-Migration empowers our customers to migrate on-premise databases into a cloud data warehouse in a matter of clicks. No more setting up numerous data pipelines! With Auto-Migration, customers can automatically migrate multiple database tables, and maintain data congruence, using a single river in Rivery.
The Power of Auto-Migration: Automate Cloud Data Migration
Auto-Migration automates cloud data migrations. Instead of creating a river for each table, customers can now use one river to load any number of tables from an on-premise database into a cloud data warehouse, while also ensuring that the data sources continuously match. This eliminates labor-intensive manual configurations that waste time and resources, allowing teams to focus instead on high level data analysis.
Auto-Migration streamlines a wide variety of data projects, especially those that involve internal databases. Many companies still use relational data sources, including on-premise databases, to capture internal data like sales, inventory, and purchase history. Auto-Migration allows teams to sync these internal and external data sources without requiring complicated configurations.
How to Automate Cloud Data Migrations Using Rivery
Here’s how to automate a cloud data migration using Auto-Migration:
1. Navigate to the top right hand corner of the screen to create and name a new River.
2. Select Step 1: Source. Choose the relational database you want to pull data from.
3. Pick “Multi-Tables” for River mode.
4. Select Step 2: Target. Choose the database that will receive the migrated data.
5. Choose the Loading Mode. Upsert-Merge replaces matching rows, keeps unmatched rows, and adds new rows. Append only adds data to the table. Overwrite replaces entire tables with the new versions.
6. Select Step 3: Mapping. Mark the tables you want to migrate from the source database. Customize options for individual tables, such as column removal and loading mode.
7. Select Schedule if you want run the river at specific time intervals. Shorter time intervals will update the cloud data warehouse with on-premise data in near real-time. With Auto-Migrate, your team can continue to use the on-premise database without interruption, while still ensuring data congruence.
8. Select Activity to see a centralized view of the river’s activity, including job status, run time, errors, and more.
Auto-Migration: Just Another Layer to the Data Integration Platform for Modern Teams
Auto-Migration supercharges the speed and efficiency of cloud data migrations. Gone are the days of painstaking, table-by-table configurations. Now data pipeline setups are one-and-done, allowing teams to avoid tedious busywork, so they can focus instead on analysis and strategic objectives.
Auto-Migration is the latest feature in Rivery. But just recently, we’ve also added integrations for The Trade Desk, Google’s Display & Video 360, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, as well as SOC 2 Type II Certification.
So remember to keep your eyes out for even more new features in 2020! As the data integration platform for modern teams, Rivery will meet our customers not just where they are, but where they want to be.