Last updated: June 07, 2020
Rivery Technology Ltd. (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://rivery.io website (the “Site”) and provides a proprietary big data management platform (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information when you use our Service or when you visit our Site.
This Privacy Notice also explains how we may process, transfer, store and disclose the information collected, as well as your ability to control certain uses of the collected information.
Rivery Technology Ltd. is the data controller in respect of some of the processing activities outlined in this Privacy Notice.
“Personal Information” means any information that refers, is related to, or is associated with an identified or identifiable individual or as otherwise may be defined by applicable law.
We will not use or share your information with anyone except as described in this Privacy Notice.
We use your Personal Information for providing and improving the Service. By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy. Unless otherwise defined in this Privacy Notice, terms used in this Privacy Notice have the same meanings as in our Terms and Conditions, accessible at https://rivery.io
Privacy Notice Key Points
The key points listed below are presented in further detail throughout this Privacy Notice. These key points do not substitute the full Privacy Notice.
- Personal Information We Collect. When you register, we collect your basic profile information from other third-party log-in/account registration forms. We also collect Personal Information provided by you, such as your name, email address, the company you work for and your job title and payment details. We process data that we receive from your databases and from APIs to third party sites and/or services; however, we do not store this data. We also (automatically) collect information about your use of the Services and Site. If you contact us for questions or complaints, we will collect the information related to your inquiry. We also collect Personal Information when you use the Platform and/or Services, or contact us with questions or complaints. When you visit our Site, we automatically collect you IP address and operating system.
- Basis for Processing Your Personal Information. Processing your Personal Information is necessary for the performance of the Terms and the provision of the Site and/or Services to you. Processing the information for marketing purposes is based upon your consent. Processing for the purposes of developing and enhancing our products and services, for analytics and usage analysis, for fraud prevention and security and for our recordkeeping and protection of our legal rights – are all necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests that we pursue.
- How We Use the Information We Collect. We use the information (including Personal Information) we collect mainly to administer and provide the Services and Site, contact you with administrative information, contact you with marketing offers (if you indicated your desire to receive them), and improve the Services and Site.
- Sharing the Personal Information We Collect. We may share the Personal Information we collect with our service providers and subcontractors who assist us in the operation of the Site and Services and process the information on our behalf and under our instructions.
- International Transfer. We may use service providers and/or subcontractors and/or cooperate with or have business partners and affiliates located in countries other than your own, and send them your Personal Information. We will ensure to have agreements in place with such parties ensuring the same level of privacy and data protection as set forth in this Privacy Notice. You hereby consent to such international transfer.
- Your Rights. Subject to applicable law and additional rights as set forth below, you may have a right to access, update and/or delete your Personal Information and obtain a copy of the Personal Information we have collected about you. You can change your mind at any time about your election to receive marketing communications from us and/or having your Personal Information processed for direct marketing purposes. You also have the right to object at any time to processing your personal data for marketing purposes.
- We retain information for as long as necessary for the purposes set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- We implement industry standard measures aimed at reducing the risks of damage and unauthorized access or use of Personal Information, but they do not provide absolute information security.
- Changes to the Privacy Notice. We may change this Privacy Notice from time and shall notify you of such changes
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain Personal Information that can be used to contact or identify you, such as your name, country, company, position, email and phone number
We collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site and/or Service (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site and/or Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, the pages from which you arrived and other statistics.
We collect information from you when you choose to use our Site and/or Services. In order to use our Site and/or Services and, you will be required to register and provide us with certain Personal Information. We also collect Personal Information when you make use of the Site and/or Services, request information from us, sign up for newsletters or our email lists, complete online forms, or contact us for any other reason. If you use the Services by logging in through a third-party login service, we may also receive Personal Information about you as provided by the third-party login service. Please check such third-party’s policies in order to understand what information we receive.
Examples of the Personal Information that we collect from you may include your name, IP address, device ID, phone number, e-mail address, country, company, position, phone number and the last four (4) digits of your credit card number. Such Personal Information may be collected by us through the Site and/or Services.
We also collect and process your browsing history on the Services and/or Site and information about your Service usage. While, when you use our Services, we process data that we receive from your databases and from APIs to third party sites and/or services, we do not store this data.
In addition, when you use the Services and/or Site, certain information may be automatically gathered about your computer or mobile device, such as operating system, IP address, and subject to your consent as may be required under applicable law, (geo) location, as well as your browsing history and any information regarding your viewing and purchase history on our Services and/or Site.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We and any of our trusted third-party subcontractors and service providers may use the Personal Information (including the Log Data) we collect from and about you for any of the following purposes: (1) to provide you with the Site and/or Services; (2) to respond to your inquiries or requests, contact and communicate with you; (3) to develop new products or services and conduct analyses to improve our current content, products, and services; (4) to provide you with customized content, targeted offers, and advertising on the Site, on other third-party sites or apps you may visit, or via e-mail; (5) to contact you with informational newsletters and promotional materials relating to our Site and Services; (6) to review the usage and operations of our Site and Services; (7) to use your data in an aggregated, non-specific format for analytical purposes (as detailed below); (8) to prevent fraud, protect the security of our Site and Services, and address any problems with the Site and/or Services and (9) to provide customer support.
By analyzing all information we receive, including all information concerning users, we may compile statistical information across a variety of platforms and users (“Statistical Information“). Statistical Information helps understand trends and customer-needs so that new products and services can be considered and so existing products and services can be tailored to customer desires. Statistical Information is anonymous and aggregated and we will not link Statistical Information to any Personal Information. We may share such Statistical Information with our partners, without restriction, on commercial terms that we can determine in our sole discretion.
We may use your Personal Information as required or permitted by any applicable law.
A “persistent” cookie may be used to help save your settings and customizations across visits. Third parties through which we provide the Services and/or our business partners may be placing and reading cookies on your browsers, or using web beacons to collect information in the course of advertising being served on different websites.
Advertisers on mobile devices may use advertising (or ad) identifiers (non-permanent, non-personal device identifiers such as the Android advertising ID and/or Apple’s ID for advertising, or IDFA) to enable and optimize their advertising. You can reset these identifiers or indicate your preference that they should not be used for advertising purposes, as detailed below.
How to Adjust Your Preferences
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
By changing your device settings, you can prevent your device’s ad identifier being used for interest-based advertising, or you can reset your device’s ad identifier. Typically, you can find the ad identifier settings under “privacy” or “ads” in your device’s settings, although settings may vary from device to device.
Adjusting your preferences as described in this section herein does not mean you will no longer receive advertisements, it only means the advertisement you do see will be less relevant to your interests.
Disclosure of Information
We may share your information, including Personal Information, as follows:
Business Partners, Service Providers, Affiliates, and Subcontractors
We may disclose information, including Personal Information we collect from and/or about you, to our trusted service providers, business partners, affiliates, subcontractors, who may use such information to: (1) help us provide you with the Site and/or Services; (2) aid in their understanding of how users are using our Site and Services; (3) when you have consented to such disclosure, provide to you targeted offers and advertising on both our Site, as well as on other apps/platform/sites you choose to visit.
We may use subcontractors and service providers and have business partners and affiliates who are located in countries other than your own and send them information we receive (including Personal Information). We will ensure that these third parties will be subject to written agreements ensuring the same level of privacy and data protection as set forth in this Privacy Notice. You hereby consent to such international transfer.
We may transfer our databases containing your Personal Information if we sell our business or part of it, including in cases of liquidation. Information about our users, including Personal Information, may be disclosed as part of, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets or acquisition and shall continue being subject to the provisions of this Privacy Notice.
Law Enforcement Related Disclosure
We will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity, behavior or (digital) content and information of or related to an individual, including in the event of any user suspected to have engaged in illegal or infringing behavior. We may also share your Personal Information with third parties: (i) if we believe in good faith that disclosure is appropriate to protect our rights, property or safety (including the enforcement of the Terms and this Privacy Notice); (ii) to protect the rights, property or safety of third parties; (iii) when required by law, regulation subpoena, court order or other law enforcement related issues; or (iv) as is necessary to comply with any legal and/or regulatory obligation. You can request such Personal Information as specified herein by emailing us at email@example.com .
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
How to Access and Limit Our Use of Certain Information
You have certain rights in relation to the Personal Information that we hold about you, as detailed below. We reserve the right to ask for reasonable evidence to verify your identity before we provide you with any information and/or comply with any of your requests, as detailed below:
- Right of Access and Data Portability. You have a right to know what Personal Information we collect about you and, in some cases, to have the information communicated to you. Subject to the limitations in applicable law, you may be entitled to obtain from us a copy of the Personal Information you provided to us (excluding information that we obtained from other sources) in a structured, commonly-used, and machine-readable format, and you may have the right to (request that we) transmit such Personal Information to another party. If you wish to exercise this right please contact us letting us know what information in particular you would like to receive and/or transmit. Subject to applicable law, we may charge you with a fee. Please note that we may not be able to provide you with all the information you request, for instance, if the information includes Personal Information about another person. Where we are not able to provide you with information that you have asked for, we will endeavor to explain to you why. We will try to respond to any request for a right of access as soon as possible.
- Right to Correct Personal Information. Subject to the limitations in applicable law, you may request that we update, correct or delete inaccurate or outdated Personal Information and/or that we suspend the use of Personal Information, the accuracy of which you may contest, while we verify the status of that Personal Information. We will correct your Personal Information within a reasonable time from the receipt of your written request thereof.
- Deletion of Personal Information. In certain circumstances you have a right to have Personal Information that we hold about you deleted. Should you wish to have any Personal Information about you deleted, please contact us, using the contact information specified in this Privacy Notice. Subject to applicable law, we will delete Personal Information provided to us by a user within a reasonable time from the receipt of a written (including via email) request by such user to delete such collected Personal Information. We cannot restore information once it has been deleted. Please note that to ensure that we do not collect any further Personal Information, you should terminate your account with us and clear our cookies from any device where you have accessed our Site and/or Services. We may retain certain Personal Information (including following your request to delete) for audit and record-keeping purposes, as well as other purposes, all as permissible and/or required under applicable law. We may also retain your information in an anonymized form.
- Account Deactivation. You can ask us to deactivate your account by contacting us using the information below. In order to deactivate your account, we may ask you for additional information.
- Direct Marketing Opt Out. You can change your mind at any time about your election to receive marketing communications from us and/or having your Personal Information processed for direct marketing purposes. If you do, please notify us by contacting us as detailed in this Privacy Notice. We will process your request as soon as reasonably possible, however it may take a few days for us to update our records before any opt out is effective.
- Right to Object. Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to object to processing of your Personal Information including for the purpose of direct marketing.
- Supervisory Authority. If you are a European Citizen, you may have the right to submit a complaint to the relevant supervisory data protection authority.
Subject to applicable law, we retain information as necessary for the purposes set forth above. We may delete information from our systems, without notice to you, once we deem it is no longer necessary for the purposes set forth in this Privacy Notice.
Links To Other Sites
Our Service may contain links to other sites that are not operated by us. If you click on a third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s site. We strongly advise you to review the Privacy Notice of every site you visit.
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Subject to your consent and applicable law, we may send you e-mail or other messages and/or a newsletter about us or our Services. You may remove your Personal Information from our mailing list and stop receiving future communication from us by following the UNSUBSCRIBE link located at the bottom of each communication or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org . You will also be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from commercial messages in any such e-mail or message we send. Please note that we reserve the right to send you service-related communications, including service announcements and administrative messages relating to your account, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. Should you not wish to receive such communications you may cancel your account.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 16 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 16. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we discover that a Children under 16 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our servers immediately.
Changes To This Privacy Notice
When visiting this Site or downloading the Services, you shall be asked to accept the terms of this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree with the terms hereof, please do not use the Site and/or Services.
We may update our Privacy Notice from time to time. We will notify you of any changes by posting the new Privacy Notice on this page.
You are advised to review this Privacy Notice periodically for any changes. Changes to this Privacy Notice are effective when they are posted on this page. Any new Privacy Notice will be effective from the date it is accepted by you
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us at email@example.com.